Clean & Safe
A Clean & Safe Hotel*
We have developed a proactive prevention plan adapted to Covid-19. We have reinforced daily procedures to ensure that our team members, our guests and visitors feel confident that this hotel offers them a clean and safe environment. In this context, the following new practices were adopted:
Training for all employees
All employees received specific information and/or training on:
• Internal protocol related to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak;
• How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
- Hand hygiene: wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry;
- Respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into the flexed forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; hand hygiene always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with hands;
- Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and sharing of food, utensils , cups and towels;
• How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature and record the measurement value and time), check for cough or difficulty breathing;
• How to comply with the guidelines of the Portuguese Health Authorities for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
Information to all customers
The following information is available to all customers:
• How to comply with basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak;
• What is the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
The Hotel has
• Personal protective equipment in sufficient numbers for all workers;
• Personal protective equipment available to customers (maximum capacity of the hotel);
• Stock of cleaning materials for single use proportional to its dimension, including cleaning wipes for single use moistened with disinfectant, bleach and alcohol at 70º;
• Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution at the reception, floor atriums, breakfast room, bar and common sanitary facilities;
• Waste containers with non-manual opening and plastic bags;
• Ventilated space to isolate people who can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, with bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, bags collection of used clothes, kit with water and some non-perishable foods;
• In common sanitary facilities, equipment for washing hands with liquid soap and paper towels.
The Hotel ensures
• Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate. ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials;
• Cleaning, several times a day, surfaces and objects of common use (including counters, tables, light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles);
• Preference should be given to wet cleaning, over dry cleaning;
• The vacuum cleaners used have HEPA filters (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance), normally used in ventilation systems of intensive care units or laboratories;
• Air renewal of rooms and closed spaces is done regularly;
• The disinfection of the pond is performed as defined in an internal protocol;
• In the breakfast room and bar, the reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces, avoiding as much as possible the direct handling of food by customers and employees.
The cleaning and sanitation protocol guarantees
• The definition of specific care for changing bed linen and cleaning in the rooms, privileging two spaced intervals and with adequate protection according to the internal protocol;
• The removal of bed linen and towels made without shaking, rolling it outwards, without touching the body and transporting it directly to the zipped bag in the laundry cart;
• Washing employees' uniforms and bedding/towels separately in the washing machine and at high temperatures (around 60ºC).
The operation ensures
• That there is always an employee responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the National Health Service);
• The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of being infected, especially of the surfaces frequently handled and most used by the same, as indicated by the Portuguese Health Authorities;
• The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed (eg with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
* This Hotel obtained the Declaration of Clean & Safe Establishment on 05/14/2020, valid until 04/30/2022, attributed by Turismo de Portugal (Portuguese Tourism Board), which represents our commitment to comply with the guidelines of the Portuguese Health Authorities regarding the containment of the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak.